Business Council President and CEO Heather C. Briccetti, Esq. has been appointed to the Board of Directors of Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation, the combination electric and gas utility serving New York’s Mid-Hudson Valley that became the first American utility subsidiary of Canadian holding company Fortis Inc. in June 2013.
“We are extremely pleased to welcome Heather to our board, and we are certain that her substantial business expertise and governmental affairs experience will benefit Central Hudson customers immensely,” said H. Stanley Marshall, Chairman of the Board. “We look forward to her involvement and her contributions to our deliberations.”
Briccetti is the third New York State resident appointed to the utility’s board in the last year. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation is a regulated transmission and distribution utility serving approximately 378,000 customers in eight counties of New York State’s Mid-Hudson River Valley; it delivers natural gas and electricity in a 2,600-square-mile service territory that extends from the suburbs of metropolitan New York City north to the Capital District at Albany.
Its mission is to deliver electricity and natural gas to an expanding customer base in a safe, reliable, courteous and affordable manner; to produce growing financial returns for its owner; to foster a culture that encourages employees to reach their full potential; and to be a good corporate citizen.
Fortis Inc. is the largest investor-owned distribution utility in Canada, with total assets of approximately $18.6 billion and fiscal 2013 revenue exceeding $4 billion. Its regulated utilities account for approximately 90 percent of total assets and serve approximately 2.5 million gas and electricity customers across Canada and in New York State and the Caribbean.
In addition to Marshall and Briccetti, the following individuals now serve on the Central Hudson Board:
- Margarita K. Dilley of Washington, D.C., former Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Astrolink International LLC, who joined the board in 2004;
- Steven M. Fetter of Norland, Wash., the President of Regulation Unfettered and the former Chairman of the Michigan Public Service Commission, who joined the board in 2002;
- Mark Kastner, of Ulster County, NY, Principal of The Chazen Companies, who joined the board in 2013;
- Steven V. Lant of Poughkeepsie, NY, Chief Executive Officer of Central Hudson and CH Energy Group, who joined the board in 2002;
- Mary D. Madden of Ulster County, NY, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, who joined the board in 2013;
- Barry V. Perry of St. John’s, Newfoundland, Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer of Fortis Inc., who joined the board in 2013; and
- Karl W. Smith of Alberta, Canada, President & Chief Executive Officer of FortisAlberta Inc., who joined the board in 2013.